Thank you for signing up to be a mentor in the CSOD programme. The online training course is the first step in the onboarding process. It provides an overview of the CSOD mentorship programme and prepares participants to be matched with a mentee.
This course is designed to prepare volunteers in the CSOD community for their role as mentors. It is a prerequisite for matching and the goal is to leave volunteers with a clear understanding of how the programme works.
By the end of this course, participants should:
- Understand the goals of the CSOD programme and how mentorship fits into those goals
- Clearly understand the role and expectations of a mentor in the CSOD programme
- Understand how the mentorship programme will work
- See the value of the programme both for mentors and mentees
- Be excited about their match and connecting with their mentee and the online community