Welcome to the Course “Productivity Tools For Digital Workers”. This is the 2nd course in the in the Caribbean School of Data (CSOD) INTRODUCTORY program that seeks to empower youth with the practical skills for today’s Digital economy.. These courses are designed to address competency profiles in Digital literacy and Data skills that have become essential for the job markets of today and the future.
Participants in this course “Productivity Tools For Digital Workers”, will acquire practical knowledge and skills for an essential set of digital productivity tools that equip them to function effectively in the online digital workplace.
This course was developed for the participants in the CSOD INTRODUCTORY program and is designed for Youth between the ages of 16 and 25 who may (or may not) have prior knowledge or skills in using the Internet and other digital tools.
The course will provide a virtual community to work in, that includes other participants like yourself, your course facilitator, and potential mentors that will be an invaluable source of information, knowledge sharing, and creative ideas. We encourage you to participate in the discussions and activities which will be one of the most valuable things this course has to offer.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Use the standard QWERTY keyboard proficiently with basic “Touch Typing” skills
- Demonstrate basic wordprocessing skills for creating structured and formatted documents as well as being able to create, store and share document outputs.
- Demonstrate basic spreadsheet skills for creating and modifying workbooks, setting up and making use of basic formulas, and organising and presenting data visually
- Creatively use wordprocessors and spreadsheets to produce digital contents in multiple formats, including multimedia
- Select and explain how to use various digital communication and collaboration tools for a given business context, with specific attention paid to Email, WhatsApp and Google Calendar